We continued our "Broadway and Baseball" focus today by heading out to Yankee Stadium! 2009 was its first season and it is very nice. The place is huge and a little opulent. It was very fan friendly, all of the seats are padded. They also do a good job of paying tribute to the design style of old Yankee Stadium and their storied history. It was a little too nice in fact. It seemed as though you could wear a suit and not feel out of place. That shouldn't be the case at a ballgame. The Yankees won.
This is what is left of the old Yankee Stadium across the street. Kind of sad seeing it in ruins.
It was fun to take the subway to the game. The stop is right next to the park.
After the game Lisa humored me as we walked for quite a while to get to Gray's Papaya. I had heard about the place in a movie (Fools Rush In) and they made the hot dogs sound so good that I had to go. The place is pretty junky but the hot dogs were good!
On the walk back from Gray's Papaya we did get a nice view of the Empire State Building at night.
3 comments:
Wow what a fun trip. Thats why I like to vacation with you guys.
I had to look up opulent. Use smaller words. I am only two.
Nice trip...Makes us feel bad we didn't send you guys post cards each day from our Euro trip ;)...
Post a Comment