Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cincinnati and the Great American Ball Park

Atlanta was on a Wednesday, that weekend Lisa & I decided to head north to Cincinnati, Ohio to see the Reds play a couple of games. Wouldn't you know it, the Chicago Cubs were in town!
What luck!
The weather was excellent and it was a very pretty springtime drive to get there.

The field is right on the banks of the Ohio River. We chose the cheap seats which actually give you a great view of the city and the riverfront.

After the game, we toured the city a little. There is a walking bridge that will take you to the Kentucky side of the river. The parks around the riverfront and bridges were looking very nice.


We also went to the Steamboat Hall of Fame. The large wheel is 3 stories high and is the center point for the Hall of Fame. The smaller columns would randomly shoot out steam. It was fun to see.
Our hotel was in downtown near Fountain Square. This is the view from the hotel room. The Square is a nice park area. There is a large screen on one of the buildings that played old movies at night. We ate at a great restaurant there called the Rock Bottom Brewery.

We saw two games, the Cubs won the first but lost the second. It was a nice getaway. The ball park is fun and one of our favorites. I don't recommend the "famous" Skyline chili though.

3 comments:

Jillian said...

Brady and I will go with you when you go to the Diamondback Stadium!

Nathan said...

You guys get to see tons of things! Lucky!

The Whitmers said...

I'll go with you when you go to the Stingers Stadium, however, I don't think you'll be lucky enough to see the Cubs play there.