Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cincinnati

On Sunday we woke up early (after staying up late for the concert) and headed to Cincinnati, OH.  Our friend John joined us for this trip also.  The drive through Kentucky is very pretty.  This sight welcomed us into Kentucky.  It is a great view of the morning at the top of the Kentucky mountains.

Our destination in Cincinnati was the Great American Ball Park to see the Reds play the Los Angeles Dodgers.  The stadium is right on the Ohio River.

We made it to the game early and tried to get autographs from the Dodgers.  No one was signing though.

Our seats were in the rightfield stands.  We were first row!  This picture was taken prior to John and me eating the famous Skyline Chili Coney dogs, loaded with mustard, onions, chili, and cheese.  It was also taken prior to Lisa spending 12 innings in the sun.  She blended in with the seats more and more as the game went on.  (Except when she took off her glasses.  Then it looked like a cartoon's eyes in the dark, just a lot of red and bright, white eyes.)

The view from our seats.

The Dodgers won the game in extra innings.  Afterward we went across the river to the Kentucky side and a place called Newport on the Levee.  It's a nice outdoor shopping and dining area.  As you can see, it provides a nice view of the Cincinnati skyline.

Ohio was a new state for the year for Lisa and me.  That brings us one closer to catching my mom and her 14 states this year.  I counted wrong in a previous post.  Lisa and I now have TN, UT, IL, NC, AL, GA, KY, VA, MD, OH, IN.  Getting closer.

4 comments:

The Whitmers said...

Maybe next time you go to a ball game and you are trying to get autographs you shouldn't sport your Cubs hats and shirts. I'm sure the Dodgers don't appreciate that so much.

SheL said...

I love your blog. I want to see pictures of Lisa after the game =)

See See Rider said...

I don't think so! Enough of the good people of Knoxville have been able to see my fabulous 'walked on the sun' look, I'm definitely not going to broadcast it on the blog. =) Nice try though. =)

Caylinn said...

Come on Matthew!! Show us the picture of Lisa.