We woke up on Tuesday and drove from Toronto to Niagara Falls. Lisa loved seeing "100" on the speed limit signs in Canada.
Lisa had never been to Niagara Falls and I was excited our driving route took us through the back end of the city so we couldn't see the falls. We stayed in a hotel with a falls view room so this was Lisa's first look at Niagara Falls from our window.
Once we were settled we took the walking path down to the falls.
We bought an "Adventure Pass" that allowed us access to multiple attractions. The first one we did was "Journey Behind the Falls." Luckily they provided stylish raincoats for us to wear.
We were able to go in tunnels behind the Horseshoe Falls and look out at the falling water. It was amazing how much water goes over the falls.
After the tunnels there is an observation deck. This is right next to the falls so the mist soaks you. We did snap a picture though before hiding the camera.
This is the view from above of the observation area we were at.
Another great attraction is the Niagara's Fury 4d experience. Again, stylish raincoats are provided. We were a little confused when they gave us raincoats for an indoor movie attraction. It made sense though when we stood on a huge, moving platform that simulated the creation of Niagara Falls. There is one point where you get misted like you do outside by the falls. The misting attachment must have been broken where I was standing because as I watched a gentle mist fall on everyone else, I was pelted in the face with buckets of water. It took a few times of getting hit in the face before I realized no one else was getting anywhere near as wet as I was, so I made Lisa trade me places!
It was nice just to walk up and down the path by the falls and take pictures. The mist gave us a nice rainbow for a little while too.
No comments:
Post a Comment