We've been able to see two concerts at the Tennessee Theater over the last couple of weeks. While very different, both were excellent. For the first concert, Lisa found out that Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers would be performing a bluegrass concert. In addition to being a great comedian, actor, and writer, Steve Martin is also a very talented banjo player and has written two original albums now. The show was great and as you can imagine, Steve Martin was very funny. I highly recommend both of his albums to anyone who enjoys bluegrass.

While at the Steve Martin concert, I saw that ZZ Top would be coming just two weeks later. We bought tickets the next day. ZZ Top was great! Lisa was familiar with a few of their hits, but otherwise didn't know much of the band's music. She was a good sport though, and being a good concert goer, clapped her hands and threw her hands in the air at all the right times. They started the show playing some good southern rock blues and then led into the hits like "Cheap Sunglasses," I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide," "Legs," "Gimme All Your Lovin," "My Head's in Mississippi," "Sharp Dressed Man," and "Just Got Paid." For the encore they came back with "La Grange" and ended with my favorite "Tush." You could tell they were great. They made playing the guitar look so easy and Billy Gibbons would even play very complicated guitar solos one handed! It was quite a sight and a very fun night!
No comments:
Post a Comment