We all went to Tennessee for the weekend. Mommy and Daddy wanted some "special alone time" so I went to babysit Uncle Matthew and Aunt Lisa. At first I was sort of out of it, having been entranced by the wonders of the Disney channel.
Bailey watched TV with me too. Duncan was scared because he's not used to seeing kids, especially kids that dance around blowing horns so early in the morning.
After Jaws, The Village, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and 27 Dresses failed to amuse me, I settled for Aladdin.

Just kidding. Aunt Lisa didn't think that would go over very well. So we went on an adventure to a place that had some nature trails. I was in charge of holding on to Bailey.
Duncan kept "marking his territory" on the trail. I let the trail be Duncan's territory, choosing until later at lunch to mark mine. Apparently now I own the third stall at the Knoxville Chuck E. Cheese. But more on that later.
After the trails we dropped the dogs off at home. As I mentioned before, we went to Chuck E. Cheese's for lunch. After "marking my territory" on the floor, we had some of the worst pizza man has ever made. Luckily though, it also costs a lot of money so they really stick it to you. Now I don't feel so bad for the extra work they'll need to do to clean up after me.
After we ate, we played games with our tokens. I'm only 3 through, so even at Chuck E. Cheese there's very little I find interesting. Punching ducks was boring. Sitting next to a mouse in a sweater while slowly moving up and down, a little more fun.
Our meal came with 35 tokens, but for some reason they didn't last very long because after only 8 rides, Uncle Matthew said we were out of tokens. That's ok though because we went back to their house and Aunt Lisa read me Elephant and Piggy books. All of them. Bananas!
I pretended I was sleepy earlier to give false hope to Uncle Matthew, but when we got back to his place I let him know I was just teasing him and I had a lot of energy!
Mom and Dad must have finished their "special alone time" early because they came back about 3 hours earlier than they thought they would. Dad insisted that had never happened before.
We all went to Pelanchos for dinner and then I went back to the hotel with Mom and Dad while Uncle Matthew went back to have some "special alone time" with the MLB Play-offs. Oh yeah, I am excited to play the recorder that Uncle Matthew and Aunt Lisa bought for me. Hopefully I'll be able to practice all the way home.
1 comment:
Wow, sounds like a fun day! Don't worry Nathan I think uncle Matthew use to mark his territory too! I wish I could have gone to Tennessee too.
Post a Comment