Monday, December 20, 2010

Visiting Utah

Lisa and I recently had the chance to go to Utah to visit our family and friends. It's always nice to go "home" and we try to see as many people as we can. As always, we appreciate everyone who fit us into their schedules, especially during this busy time of year!

We had a nice view of the Rockies from our plane on the way in.
Day 1 was spent traveling and getting settled. In the evening, we were able to visit our friends the Schelins. Eric and Adrianne are always great to see, and we always mean to get a group picture, and we always forget. This visit was no different.

On Day 2, we went to see a multi-cultural Christmas display with Lisa's parents. It was neat to see trees and Nativities from around the world.


That afternoon, we went and had family pictures taken. Even with the number of young kids we had there, this was pretty painless. We grabbed a pizza dinner afterward as a family and headed to the White's place. Lisa's family had purchased a lot of gifts for a Sub for Santa.

While the presents were being wrapped, Nathan and I had some fun with the camera. This is only a very small sampling of the pictures we took of each other.


After the presents were wrapped, many of us took Trax to Temple Square to see the lights. Lisa and I haven't been to the lights since we moved. This is certainly something we took for granted while we lived in Salt Lake. It was great to see Temple Square at Christmas again.




On our 3rd day, Lisa's family met us at Mo' Bettah Steaks for lunch. Our families humor us by driving us to all the restaurants we can only get in Utah. This is one of our favorites. I highly recommend it.

http://www.mobettahsteaks.com/Home_Page.html

Now, I've never had leftovers from Mo' Bettahs, but luckily for my niece Emily, she did. She was able to discover a previously hidden talent of leftover sculpting. I will show you images of her great work so you can say you were among the first to see her. I hope she'll remember me when she is rich and famous.


A duck (Roberto).

A squid (Mateo).

A polar bear.

A whale.

A dinosaur or turtle. As you can see, we have a blossoming artist in the family.

After lunch we left Lisa's family and drove north to see mine. It was a pretty drive through the canyon.

With my family we went bowling and out to dinner. Anytime we get together there seems to be Rock Band!

We also made gingerbread houses.

As you can see, the O'Rowley's is the best house.
It was much better than the McLaraway's, Stillthinkingtons' and Sh[wh]itmer's.
On our last day, we were able to see some more of my family before we flew out. All in all, it was a good trip to Utah.

Thanks again to all. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Greg and/or Angie said...

It was so fun to see you guys! I love that you remember the names of each of Emily's pieces of work..uh, I mean art:)

SheL said...

It looks like you guys had a good time. One of these days we need to get together!