Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Date

Lisa and I went on our Christmas date this weekend. We had the weekend off so we drove to Nashville. The first matter at hand was keeping the cheese my parents sent cold. This is what we came up with and this kept Lisa entertained for a good portion of the drive.

We stayed in the Marriott near the Vanderbilt campus. It would have been a good room for a Commodores game!

Lisa and I headed to the Grand Ole Opry House where we had tickets to see...

...the Radio City Rockettes! Each year I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and each year the Rockettes perform. Lisa and I placed it on our Adventure List to see them in person. Unfortunately, the Grand Ole Opry House is just steps away from the Opry Hills Mall, which is at least 3 times larger than any other mall I've been to. Since it was the last weekend before Christmas, and with an ice show going on at another Opry property, we spent over an hour and a half in traffic to get to the Opry area. While frustrating, we were entertained by the various displays of road rage around us.

The Rockettes were great. The Rockettes Lavish, Exact, Gifted, and Skillful performance was truly impressive! They weren't in the show for the whole time though. The rest of the show was merely ok and Santa was a little creepy. We still had a good time though.


On the way back to the truck, we stopped in the Opryland Hotel. The hotel is amazing. There is a village in the hotel complete with shops, restaurants, gardens, and even a river with a boat ride. It was all decorated for Christmas. The tree and other decorations were beautiful. It made for a great Christmas date!


2 comments: