One never knows when inspiration will come calling. The goal is just to be prepared when those moments come in life. We had such a moment. Inspiration came calling, and we were ready!
As usual, inspiration did not come from an expected source. John, Lisa, and I were waiting for the football games to start. I don't know what made me stop at that channel. It was a program I had seen many times but there was something different this time.
We were watching Man v. Food on the Travel Channel. They were having a marathon. We watched in silent awe as our new hero faced off against 5 pounds of omelette, monster pizzas, piles of seafood. Sometimes the man would win, sometimes the food would win, but each battle was fought with dignity and honor.
As we sat there, we knew what we had to do. We had to join the good fight. Inspiration had found us!

Our battle was not close by. We piled in the car and drove to Chattanooga to meet the challenge head on. Our destination: Cheeburger Cheeburger.
Our foe: The Pounder. 20 oz of angus beef and any toppings you would want (including peanut butter). A worthy adversary indeed. The challenge: eat the entire burger and get your picture taken wearing a hamburger hat. That picture would then go on the Wall of Fame and immortalize our feat.
We placed our orders and waited our tantalizing 10 minutes, contemplating the unknown.
John and I had different strategies. I went with traditional methods such as swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle, ketchup, and mayo.
John used A1 and ranch with his bleu cheese.
On this day Man prevailed. (Woman too but just over a 1/3 pounder.) Food presented no match to either challenger, leaving room even for fries and onion rings.
Man even survived the 90 minute drive back to Knoxville with the sweet taste of beefy victory!
We were ready today when inspiration called. We answered the call, joined the fight, and emerged victorious!
Victory becomes, to some degree, a state of mind. Knowing ourselves superior to the anxieties, troubles, and worries which obsess us. We are superior to them.
-Basil King
4 comments:
Lol that is awesome! I actually saw that episode... You guys are my heroes.
You guys have way to much fun!
I don't believe that you guys actually ate it all. If you did you would have posted a picture of you in your hat after eating the burger verses just a picture of the burgers (which look disgusting by the way).
How inspiring! You saw the obstacle and overcame. Angie
Post a Comment